DHCP Help

Brian Go evildrgo at gmail.com
Tue May 22 20:47:08 PDT 2007

Ok...

Some stupidity on my part.  Small hardware failure on my linux box,
and I realized that all I was doing was running three services.

1.  http
2.  dhcpd
3.  dnsmasq

Since my iMac is almost always on, i decided to run those guys on the
mac...  The silence in my computer room is nice, but I installed
macports and installed dhcp and it refuses to start.

Problem 1.
the man pages for dhcpd were not installed - how do i fix that.

Problem 2.
Had too add this line into my dhcpd.conf and have no idea what this does.
#adhock
ddns-update-style ad-hoc;

Problem 3.
It couldn't find /etc/dhcpd.conf
I made a symlink to /etc/dhcpd.conf -> /opt/local/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf
and i got a bit further but dhcp still won't start.

Problem 4.
I need a quick refresher on how to restart services in BSD.
what's the equivalent of init.d on the mac?