Konqueror by sftp to copSSH

Charles White chuck at chuckandmaggi.com
Tue May 22 18:59:48 PDT 2007

I'd like to use my MacPorts Konqueror to connect to a WinXP machine
running copSSH (a package containing OpenSSH on Cygwin). At the
moment, Konqueror tells me that 'Authentication failed.' I have
Konqueror and OpenSSH installed using MacPorts. I've used 'which ssh'
to tell that MacPorts refers to the MacPorts installed ssh instead of
the one supplied by Apple. However, line commands to either ssh
connects to the WinXP machine just fine. Trouble comes when I try to
use Konqueror under MacPorts. I also note that I've successfully used
Konqueror under SuSE Linux to connect with the WinXP machine. So...,
can anyone tell me how to configure Konqueror under MacPorts so that
I can make the connection?

Background: My Tivo only allows me to run 'WEP' and I won't enable
Windows Sharing if that's all I can do for encryption. Yeah, there
are other ways to address this issue.  It just doesn't seem like this
solution should be difficult.

Thanks for your help!

Chuck