PATH in xterm

robert delius royar apple at frinabulax.org
Wed May 23 08:16:01 PDT 2007

Tue, 22 May 2007 (17:28 -0600 UTC) Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> For many years, I've had (among other things)
>
> XTerm*loginShell: true
>
> in my ~/.Xdefaults file.  This makes sure xterm runs the shell as a login
> shell regardless of how it is launched.  If you use this, be sure to restart
> X prior to testing it.

I believe you could add the line to your ~/.Xresources file, and
issue the command
  xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources
in your ~/.xinitrc or at the command line to add the resource for any
user without having to restart the X server.  The resource values become
available when the next instance of XTerm (or any complying application)
launches.

--
Dr. Robert Delius Royar                   Associate Professor of English
Morehead State University                             Morehead, Kentucky