image not found error

Jing Tang jing.t86 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 09:40:31 PST 2007

Hi,

I just installed Macport and when I tried to use it I got the error:

jing-tangs-computer:/developer/cairo-1.4.10 Jing$ sudo port install
cairo
Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
   Referenced from: /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/
Pextlib.dylib
   Reason: image not found
     while executing
"load /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib"
     ("package ifneeded" script)
     invoked from within
"package_native require Pextlib 1.0"
     ("eval" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"eval package_native $args"
     (procedure "package" line 14)
     invoked from within
"package require Pextlib 1.0"
     (procedure "mportinit" line 365)
     invoked from within
"mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize ports system,
Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
   Referenced from: /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/
Pextlib.dylib
   Reason: image not found

Could anyone please give me some idea what's going wrong here? Thanks
very much in advance!!!

Jing

Jing Tang
School of Computer Science