Port Authority Crashing due to MacPorts

Andrew Phillips andfrench at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:42:23 PST 2007

        I Am not very acquainted with the command prompt so, go easy
on me. Well
I have had issues installing MacPorts, But now I have no clue. I just
want
to install some linux programs on my imac, and the command prompt
seemed to
hard for me so I installed Port Authority, which is a program for OS
X that
allows me to install programs via MacPorts with a GUI. But It crashes at
startup. I contacted the Developer Of the program and he said that the
problem lies within MacPorts. So, I have a terminal readout of the
program
for anyone who can understand it:

/Users/andrewpphillips/Desktop/PortAuthority.app/Contents/MacOS/
PortAuthority;
exit
Welcome to Darwin!
c-68-58-5-223:~ andrewphillips$
/Users/andrewphillips/Desktop/PortAuthority.app/Contents/MacOS/
PortAuthority;
exit
Error in startup script: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
   Referenced from: /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/
Pextlib.dylib
   Reason: image not found
     while executing
"load /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib"
     ("package ifneeded" script)
     invoked from within
"package_native require Pextlib 1.0"
     ("eval" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"eval package_native $args"
     (procedure "package" line 14)
     invoked from within
"package require Pextlib 1.0"
     (procedure "mportinit" line 365)
     invoked from within
"mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize ports system,
Library not
loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
   Referenced from: /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/
Pextlib.dylib
   Reason: image not found
     while executing
"exec $portpath list"
     (procedure "bgGetAllPorts" line 7)
     invoked from within
"bgGetAllPorts"
     (procedure "endProgress" line 7)
     invoked from within
"endProgress"
     (procedure "startUp" line 21)
     invoked from within
"startUp"
     (file
"/Users/andrewphillips/Desktop/PortAuthority.app/Contents/MacOS/../
Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.4/Resources/portauthority/
portauthority-main.tcl"
line 1277)
     invoked from within
"source [file join [file dirname [info script]] portauthority-main.tcl]"
     (file
"/Users/andrewphillips/Desktop/PortAuthority.app/Contents/MacOS/../
Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.4/Resources/portauthority/
portauthority.tcl"
line 3)
     invoked from within
"source
/Users/andrewphillips/Desktop/PortAuthority.app/Contents/MacOS/../
Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.4/Resources/portauthority/
portauthority.t..."
     ("package ifneeded" script)
     invoked from within
"package require portauthority"
     (file
"/Users/andrewphillips/Desktop/PortAuthority.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/AppMain.tcl"
line 1)
logout
[Process completed]

If Anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thank You!

Andrew French