Port Authority Crashing due to MacPorts

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 7 15:49:19 PST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 17:42, Andrew Phillips wrote:

>        I Am not very acquainted with the command prompt so, go easy
> on me. Well
> I have had issues installing MacPorts, But now I have no clue. I
> just want
> to install some linux programs on my imac, and the command prompt
> seemed to
> hard for me so I installed Port Authority, which is a program for
> OS X that
> allows me to install programs via MacPorts with a GUI. But It
> crashes at
> startup. I contacted the Developer Of the program and he said that the
> problem lies within MacPorts. So, I have a terminal readout of the
> program
> for anyone who can understand it:
>
> /Users/andrewpphillips/Desktop/PortAuthority.app/Contents/MacOS/
> PortAuthority;
> exit
> Welcome to Darwin!
> c-68-58-5-223:~ andrewphillips$
> /Users/andrewphillips/Desktop/PortAuthority.app/Contents/MacOS/
> PortAuthority;
> exit
> Error in startup script: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/
> Pextlib.dylib

[snip]

It looks like you installed the Mac OS X 10.5 version of MacPorts
1.5.0, but you do not have Mac OS X 10.5.

You'll need to download and install the appropriate version of
MacPorts 1.5.0 for your version of Mac OS X.

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/downloads/
MacPorts-1.5.0

This is the bug report I created the last time someone reported this
problem:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/13141