rsync daemon down?

Tomasz Finc tomasz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:30:25 PST 2007

Works just fine for me

[tomasz at StayPuft:~]$ date ; sudo port selfupdate -d

Fri Nov 16 00:21:22 PST 2007
Synchronizing from rsync://rsync.macports.org /release/ports/
sent 73 bytes  received 5486 bytes  3706.00 bytes/sec
total size is 3642988  speedup is 655.33
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.520
The MacPorts installation is not outdated and so was not updated
selfupdate done!

Try doing a telnet connection to port 873 and 80 to see if your rsync
traffic is getting blocked in some way vs an http connection

[tomasz at StayPuft:~]$ telnet rsync.macports.org 873
Trying 17.254.17.246...
Connected to rsync.macosforge.org.
Escape character is '^]'.

--tomasz