Gimp without X11

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 22 13:35:48 PST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007, at 4:26 PM, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

>> RW> Its possible to install the Gimp without using X11! I think it
>> mostly
>> RW> works, but am not a heavy user of it, so I don't know of use
>> cases  that
>> RW> may break.
>
>> RW> http://shyramblings.blogspot.com/2007/11/gimp-on-mac-os-x-without-x11-
>> RW> from.html
>
> Why do you install both gimp2 and gimp?
> --
> Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
> Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org

This (gimp) is a META port for the gimp2 which includes help and
documentation, support for icns, jp2000 and RAW formats, content-aware
rescaling Gutenprint and scanner frontends and even a nice theme
(Nodoka). Mac OS X users also get a Gimp.app bundle, a "Show in
Finder" menu and clipboard integration. (from port info gimp)

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.1 Darwin 9.1.0
Xquartz-1.2a11