How to configure a project to compile correctly obtaining information from the portfile

Aleksander Morgado aleksander_morgado at mm.st
Fri Nov 23 09:36:41 PST 2007

Hi,

I am preparing a project with GMP sources included within my project
sources, so I will need to compile GMP directly without Macports support. I
have tried to compile GMP from scratch, and it seems to compile correctly,
but when I try to run my app, I get some problems related to weak symbols.
What I saw is that no dylib is created when I compile, only ".la" file.
I saw the portfile of GMP and discovered that specific configure options are
given to compile GMP when installing the port. The problem is that I tried
to compile GMP with those configure options and I still have the same
problem. Any hint in how to read and understand the Portfile options?

Thanks in advance,
Aleks