How to configure a project to compile correctly obtaining information from the portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 24 00:11:03 PST 2007

On Nov 23, 2007, at 11:36, Aleksander Morgado wrote:

> I am preparing a project with GMP sources included within my
> project sources, so I will need to compile GMP directly without
> Macports support. I have tried to compile GMP from scratch, and it
> seems to compile correctly, but when I try to run my app, I get
> some problems related to weak symbols. What I saw is that no dylib
> is created when I compile, only ".la" file.
> I saw the portfile of GMP and discovered that specific configure
> options are given to compile GMP when installing the port. The
> problem is that I tried to compile GMP with those configure options
> and I still have the same problem. Any hint in how to read and
> understand the Portfile options?

Portfile syntax is explained in some detail in the new guide.

http://geeklair.net/new_macports_guide/

You may also wish to try installing gmp with the debug switch, which
will print out the exact configure, make, etc. commands MacPorts is
using, along with any environment variables that are being set.
MacPorts does a lot of things by default for all ports, which are
thus not included in each portfile, but which may nevertheless be
relevant.

sudo port clean --work gmp
sudo port -d install gmp