What is MacPort 1.5 trying to pipe the gzip output to?

Jesse Ohlsson ohlssons at skynet.be
Sun Nov 25 10:12:26 PST 2007

Hello,

	I installed the Xcode and X11, then the latest MacPorts and
successfully updated it as well.  I am ultimately trying to get
wireshark running.  This is the failure message I get:

[g5:~] jess% sudo port install wireshark
--->  Extracting expat
Error: Target org.macports.extract returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_expat/work" && gzip -dc /opt/
local/var/macports/distfiles/expat/expat-2.0.1.tar.gz | -xf - "
returned error 127
Command output: sh: -xf: command not found

gzip: stdout: Broken pipe

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: glib2 gettext expat
libiconv pkgconfig gtk2 atk cairo fontconfig freetype zlib libpng
render xrender jpeg pango Xft2 xorg-xproto xorg-util-macros tiff
libpcap openssl

I tried installing port fping and got the same error.

Is this a simple fix?  Has anyone else seen this?  I'd sure appreciate
any help.

Thanks.

Jess