Can't install Gimp on 10.5.1

chagrins chagrinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:42:38 PST 2007

I've been able to install a few packages (unrar and a couple of
others), but I can't get gimp to install. I have Xcode and X11
installed.

sudo port -v install gimp

After entering that, I get asked for my password, which I enter. Then,
I hear my computer working for a few seconds, but there's no feedback
at all, ever (I've left it overnight a couple of times). tclsh
processor usage is high the whole time. I stop it using Control-C.

I haven't seen this problem on the list archives (most people seem to
get at least an error message). Any advice?