KDE wont build

Gregory Dodwell gregreedee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:54:48 PST 2007

Basically, I'm trying to install Kate, and I understand this necessitates an
installation of KDE
(sudo port install kde)

The first of my failed dependancy installations is kdepim3. I tried
installing separately and this is
the result:

--->  Building kdepim3 with target all
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command "cd
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_kde_kdepim3/work/kdepim-
3.5.8 && ./CompileScript.sh" returned error 1
Command output: kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'attlist.em'
kxml_compiler: REF strong
kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'strong'
kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'strong'
kxml_compiler: REF attlist.strong
kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'attlist.strong'
kxml_compiler: REF br
kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'br'
kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'br'
kxml_compiler: REF attlist.br
kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'attlist.br'
kxml_compiler: REF responsible
kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'responsible'
kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'responsible'
kxml_compiler: REF attlist.responsible
kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'attlist.responsible'
kxml_compiler: REF category
kxml_compiler: Don't resolve self reference
kxml_compiler: Begin creating code
kxml_compiler: Create classes
kxml_compiler: Create parser
kxml_compiler: Creator::createFileParserCustom()
kxml_compiler: Begin printing code
kxml_compiler: Print external parser.
kxml_compiler: Print header
kxml_compiler: Print implementation
kxml_compiler: Finished.
Error creating ./kresources/featureplan/kde-features.h. Exit status 140.
../../kode/kxml_compiler/kxml_compiler --custom-parser
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_kde_kdepim3/work/kdepim-
3.5.8/kresources/featureplan/kde-features.rng
kdepim3-3.5.8-0 make failed!

Any clues?

Greg./