KDE wont build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 27 00:01:53 PST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007, at 23:54, Gregory Dodwell wrote:

> Basically, I'm trying to install Kate, and I understand this
> necessitates an installation of KDE
> (sudo port install kde)
>
> The first of my failed dependancy installations is kdepim3. I tried
> installing separately and this is
> the result:
>
> --->  Building kdepim3 with target all
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command "cd /opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_kde_k
> depim3/work/kdepim- 3.5.8 && ./CompileScript.sh" returned error 1
> Command output: kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'attlist.em'
> kxml_compiler: REF strong
> kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'strong'
> kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'strong'
> kxml_compiler: REF attlist.strong
> kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'attlist.strong'
> kxml_compiler: REF br
> kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'br'
> kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'br'
> kxml_compiler: REF attlist.br
> kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'attlist.br'
> kxml_compiler: REF responsible
> kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'responsible'
> kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for 'responsible'
> kxml_compiler: REF attlist.responsible
> kxml_compiler: substituteReferences for ' attlist.responsible'
> kxml_compiler: REF category
> kxml_compiler: Don't resolve self reference
> kxml_compiler: Begin creating code
> kxml_compiler: Create classes
> kxml_compiler: Create parser
> kxml_compiler: Creator::createFileParserCustom()
> kxml_compiler: Begin printing code
> kxml_compiler: Print external parser.
> kxml_compiler: Print header
> kxml_compiler: Print implementation
> kxml_compiler: Finished.
> Error creating ./kresources/featureplan/kde- features.h. Exit
> status 140.
> ../../kode/kxml_compiler/kxml_compiler --custom-parser /opt/local/
> var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_kde_k
> depim3/work/kdepim-3.5.8/kresources/featureplan/kde- features.rng
> kdepim3-3.5.8-0 make failed!

> Any clues?

There's also this bug about kdepim3:

http://svn.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13063

Don't know if it's related.

You should indicate your version of Mac OS X, Xcode and MacPorts, and
what processor architecture you're using. If the above bug is not the
same as yours, you should file a new bug. Instructions are here:

http://svn.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/TracTicketing