Problem installing gimp on 10.3

Tony Tambasco tambascot at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 05:06:06 PST 2007

Hi everyone,

I've recently become the proud owner of a ibook
running 10.3, but have had some trouble getting
macports to work in general. Specifically, I am trying
to get gimp2 to install, but whenever I try I get
output like the following, which just loops forever,
swapping in different port names...

DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgnomeui
DEBUG: Requested variant powerpc is not provided by
port libgnomeui.
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by
port libgnomeui.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by
port libgnomeui.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libgnomeui
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex
for: libgnomeui
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgtkhtml
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnome/libgtkhtml
DEBUG: Requested variant powerpc is not provided by
port libgtkhtml.
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by
port libgtkhtml.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by
port libgtkhtml.
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libgtkhtml
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex
for: libgtkhtml
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/libmng

I'm running xcode 1.5 and I do have x11user installed,
and yes, I tried re-installing macports. All to no
avail. I've tried a couple other ports, notably gtk2
by itself, and pidgin, and get the same results. I
have, however, been able to successfully install
unrar.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Tony