Kismet on OSX 10.5.1 Leopard

caliel caliel at caliel.no-ip.org
Wed Nov 28 06:36:40 PST 2007

I have returned home from my holiday travels with eager anticipation to try
kismet with my ralink USB Wi-Fi card.  Just as I plugged it in, I realized
...... ...... darwin and viha are the only valid capture sources for OSX!
In my shame and desperation I was heard to utter several words, of which my
mother would NOT approve.  Now I am back to square one with kismet.  Is it
my karma keeping kismet from working? or is there another answer to this
problem?

Actually, I am not exactly back at square one.  I accidentally left the
capture source in kismet.conf as "darwin" and changed the interface to
"en2" which is the ralink.   I got the same output as below, even to the
point that it indicated the en2 appeared to be a broadcom that already had
rfmon set.

--caliel