Problems installing Oregano.

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:35:27 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm new to macports from Debian.  I'm trying to install oregano, and
   all the dependencies have downloaded and installed, but when port gets
   the oregano source, this happens:
   ------------
   --->  Fetching oregano
   --->  oregano-0.3.2.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in
   /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/oregano
   --->  Attempting to fetch oregano-0.3.2.tar.bz2 from
   http://opendarwin.org/~olegb/
   --->  Attempting to fetch oregano-0.3.2.tar.bz2 from
   http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/oregano
     % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                    Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
     0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:--     0
   --->  Attempting to fetch oregano-0.3.2.tar.bz2 from
   http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
     % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                    Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
     0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:--     0
   --->  Attempting to fetch oregano-0.3.2.tar.bz2 from
   http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/oregano

- Ignored:
     % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                    Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
     0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:--     0
   Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
   Warning: the following items did not execute (for oregano):
   org.macports.activate org.macports.fetch org.macports.extract
   org.macports.checksum org.macports.patch org.macports.configure
   org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install

   What exactly does this mean?  Does this mean that the file just isn't
   there?  Or should I be asking this on another list?

   Any help would be great.

   Cheers,
   Mike