checksum failure on installing beecrypt

William Yap wghyap at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 06:31:44 PDT 2007

Thanks for the quick response. But no good. I checked on the
internet, and apparently this sort of error does occur from time to
time, and there is no way of solving it except to manually amend the
portfile's checksum - but I don't know how to do that! The output in
my Terminal was:

saruman:~ wghyap$ sudo -s
Password:
saruman:~ root# port clean --all beecrypt
--->  Cleaning beecrypt
saruman:~ root# port install beecrypt
--->  Fetching beecrypt
--->  Attempting to fetch beecrypt-4.1.2.tar.gz from http://
voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/beecrypt/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for beecrypt
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for beecrypt-4.1.2.tar.gz
Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
checksums
saruman:~ root#

Thanks all the same.

William

On 07 Oct 2007, at 9:02 PM|07 Oct 2007, N_Ox wrote:

Le 7 oct. 07 à 08:02, William Yap a écrit :

> I am running MacPorts 1.5.2, and had a problem when trying to
> install beecrypt 4.1.2_0. The error message said:
>
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for beecrypt-4.1.2.tar.gz
> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums
>
> I am not sure whether it is supposed to be an error, or how do I
> install this despite the error.
>
> Thanks.
>
> William

Works here.
You must have encountered a problem during the source tarball fetch.
Run `sudo port clean --all beecrypt` and try again.

Regards,

--
Anthony Ramine, the infamous MacPorts Trac slave.
nox at macports.org