Install glade?

Instruct ICC instructicc at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 19:36:17 PDT 2007

"what version of python do you have?"

I don't think I'm supposed to care.  I'm using a package manager to handle dependency hell.

port installed | grep py

reports nothing.
That's really not very helpful. Not all python-related ports are compatible from 2.4 to 2.5. Since the config test specifically looks for that, it seems important. Typing "python" and reading the version number would have taken less effort than your reply.
[/Users/paul]:: python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Oct  5 2007, 20:38:23) [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)] on darwin

I have more experience with Macports than Python (about 5-10 Macports commands/words typed versus zero for Python), and as such, I used my newly learned port command to show me what was installed.  The next lines in my reply was thanking you for putting me on to installing python25 and how the build progressed.  Until your present post, I had no clue that "python" is a command and would tell me its version #.

At the moment, I have all the dependencies for glade, but the glade build failed.  It is posted in this thread earlier today.

Being on a Mac, I ran VMware to run Ubuntu to run Glade.  But it would be nice to run Glade directly on OSX.

BTW, type "port installed" and you'll see that it was very helpful.