Install glade?

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:00:56 PDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Instruct ICC <instructicc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.4... none
> configure: error: no suitable Python interpreter found
>
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgail-gnome at-spi
> gnome-panel gnome-desktop fribidi gnome-doc-utils docbook-xml
> docbook-xml-4.3 docbook-xml-4.4 docbook-xml-4.5 iso-codes py25-gobject
> python25 py25-libxml2 py25-numeric scrollkeeper libgnomeui
> startup-notification gnome-menus py25-gtk py25-cairo libwnck
> shared-mime-info
>
> Can I continue or is this out of my incapable hands until a maintainer
> acts?
>

> "what version of python do you have?"
>

> I don't think I'm supposed to care.  I'm using a package manager to handle
> dependency hell.
> port installed | grep py
> reports nothing.

That's really not very helpful. Not all python-related ports are compatible
from 2.4 to 2.5. Since the config test specifically looks for that, it seems
important. Typing "python" and reading the version number would have taken
less effort than your reply.
[/Users/paul]:: python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Oct  5 2007, 20:38:23)

Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>