Installing php5

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 10:08:31 PDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Dorothy Hesson 2336 <hessond at fsdb.k12.fl.us> wrote:

>  Hello -
>  This is my first post on this list.

Welcome.

>  I have a powerpc G4. I am trying to install Apache2 MySQL5 and PHP5 using
> MacPorts. I know this should be more simple than I am making it.
>
>  I started with a clean disk, fresh new system install. I installed
> MacPorts, then Apache 2, then MySQL. The installs seemed flawless.
>
>  I have been struggling with PHP5  for several days now.
>  I did a port clean php5
>  I also performed port clean --all vile
>  All seemed successful. I tried again
>  port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5
>
>  and received this message.
>
>  Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
> /opt/local/apache2/conf/extras-conf/mod_php.conf already
> exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port
> php5.
>  Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

You're close. All you need to do is repeat that last step with the
"force" option.

port -f install php5 +apache2 +mysql5

Not sure how mod_php.conf isn't claimed by a port, but no matter.
Unless you have made any changes to it, it's safe to overwrite it.

Good luck.
--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>