Installing php5

Dorothy Hesson 2336 hessond at fsdb.k12.fl.us
Tue Oct 9 07:17:42 PDT 2007

Hello -
This is my first post on this list.

I have a powerpc G4. I am trying to install Apache2 MySQL5 and PHP5 using
MacPorts. I know this should be more simple than I am making it.

I started with a clean disk, fresh new system install. I installed
MacPorts, then Apache 2, then MySQL. The installs seemed flawless.

I have been struggling with PHP5  for several days now.
I did a port clean php5
I also performed port clean --all vile
All seemed successful. I tried again
port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5

and received this message.

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
/opt/local/apache2/conf/extras-conf/mod_php.conf already exists and does
not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port php5.

I'm not sure where to correct the problem here.

Thank you for any assistance you might provide.
Best,
dorothy