Install glade? [RESOLVED: Use glade3]

Instruct ICC instructicc at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 12:59:53 PDT 2007

> generally speaking, lib* ports will be a dependency that is installed
> without you asking for it. Isn't glade a development tool? The
> description suggests it is.

My need was this http://gtk.php.net/manual/en/tutorials.installation.macosx-stepbystep.php
Step 6 seems redundant.

cd /opt
sudo port install libglade
sudo port install glade

I would think I don't need to cd /opt.
I agree with you, I would think I don't have to install lib*.
I consider it a development tool.  My plan was to make the User Interface for a php-gtk app.  http://gtk.php.net/manual/en/tutorials.helloglade.php
I don't know what the other poster meant by "this port is useless unless you want to develop with it."

Kind of like "this is useless unless you need to use it".
Maybe he meant link with it, but that would apply to lib*.