Horrible problems after moving /opt/local aside

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Oct 10 13:33:23 PDT 2007

Paul Beard-2 wrote:

> On 10/10/07, David Epstein <David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>> What do I do now? Please keep it simple, if you can.
>
> for i in gv latex coreutils with_default_names; do port -vc install $i;
> done
>
> You really will be better off rebuilding them all from scratch for a
> couple of reasons: 1. you'll have the newest versions and b. the ports
> will be managed so you'll get upgrades and dependency issues taken
> care of.
>

> --
> Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
> <paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>

I successfully installed coreutils. I don't know what you mean by
"with_default_names".
sudo port install gv continues to give the mass of error messages that I
reported in my first posting in this thread.
port search tex| grep -v text gives lots of hits, but it's not clear to me
from the response what the name of the package should be in sudo port
install ????
I tried sudo port install tex and it replied no such package
Thanks for any help
David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk