Trying to update the slocate database

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Fri Oct 12 04:35:55 PDT 2007

On 2007-10-11 06:16:13 -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> But now I get:
>
> slocate: option requires an argument -- c

However, though one gets this message, slocate rebuilds the database.

> But the manpage does not show that -c requires or even supports an
> argument:
>
>        -c     Parse  '/opt/local/etc/updatedb.conf'  when updating the
> slocate
>               database. (see CONFIGURATION FILE below).
>
> Sounds like there are plenty of bugs here that should be reported upstream.

FYI, I did this via the Debian BTS a few months ago, since the Debian
package has the same problem and its maintainer is Kevin Lindsay, the
author of slocate:

The last time I found a bug in slocate, I wrote a patch. This may be
the best thing to do to get this bug fixed.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>