problem with dhcpd and daemondo

BB 2nfinite at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:47:27 PDT 2007

Problem solved and now I want to know how to fix the portfile. But
first let me explain the solution.

I found this thread:
http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-June/004009.html

And changed /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.dhcpd.plist from:

        <key>ProgramArguments</key>
        <array>
                <string>/opt/local/bin/daemondo</string>
                <string>--label=dhcpd</string>
                <string>--start-cmd</string>

to this:

        <key>ProgramArguments</key>
        <array>
                <string>/opt/local/bin/daemondo</string>
                <string>--label=dhcpd</string>
                <string>--restart-netchange</string>
                <string>--start-cmd</string>

Rebooted and that solved the problem. I'm guessing that Mac mini G4
was slower and therefore the race condition was never met and it
worked on the older/slower Mac mini.

As I rely on dhcpd my question is now how can the portfile be fixed?

Brian