wxMaxima port

John Doner jedoner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 08:43:10 PDT 2007

I tried to port wxmaxima; it failed because I already had maxima installed
(/usr/local/bin/maxima).  Now the obvious solution would be to also use
macports to install maxima.  In fact, I did try this a couple of months ago,
only to see it fail because it could not install the dependency sbcl.  At
the time, I just gave up on macports, installed sbcl and then maxima from
the source.  This worked out fine.  Probably, I can do the same with
wxmaxima.
But I'd rather start using macports, if possible.  What can be done, if
anything, to circumvent the problem of dependencies where something has
already been built independently of macports?

John Doner