gnome-session compile runaway

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 22 00:25:00 PDT 2007

On Oct 22, 2007, at 12:37 AM, William Davis wrote:

> I noted gnome-session had been updated and started upgrading it but!
> 1. many hours later it is still running on my intel core duo @1.86 GHz
/snip/
> 4. perl 5.8.8 has recomplied I dont know how many times.......many
> 5. on trying to fetch perl5 5.8.8 the last time I noticed DEBUG wrote
> "perl5.8.8...blah....gz doesnt seem to exist in /opt/local/......./
> perl58/perl58/perl58/perl58 etc etc etc perl58/perl58  (repeated
> total 9 times)
>
> Is it somehow creating a new souce (sub) dir everytime around? or
> is this just an artifact of multiple dependecies?
>
> considering how much time has elapsed, I dont want to stop it if
> this is "normal" but neither do I want to let it run if its going
> to fill 50 megs of disk available with more and more copies of perl.

I still dont understand what was going on with with item 5 but so
what :)
gnome-session just finished compling !! TA_DAA!! (@ 3:19 am)

Id delete my mesg if I knew how. instead Ill just reply to it. :)

Thanks Randal et alia for all the good work on gnome.  Hopefully I
can help in the future...... :)

(and perhaps this mesg will be useful for someone else compling gnome-
session for the first time)