gnome compilation problems

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Thu Oct 25 09:40:27 PDT 2007

Hi,

Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> Macports is run entirely by volunteers, none of whom get paid to do it.

I know, of course; I am myself involved in free software.

> If you want some new functionality, the best way to get it is to work
> on it and offer it to the community.

As soon as I have the time to learn TCL and the innards of the Macports
system (I am working on it).  Still, I hope you don't mind if I comment on
features and whatnot--if only developers can comment on these then please
say so.

By the way, if I offended somebody I do apologize, as this was not my
intention whatsoever.

> If we had a test-build system of some sort set up, it would be
> possible to at least tag ports as building successfully or not....
> (hint hint).

Unfortunately I have only one Mac OS machine, which is not permanently on
line (it is my day to day laptop).

> You could upgrade with -dv and redirect the output to a file so you
> could go back and look at it later.

That's an excellent suggestion, thank you very much.

Stefan