gnome-vfs not building

Martin Wojtczyk wojtczyk at in.tum.de
Mon Oct 29 00:39:06 PDT 2007

> /usr/include/gssapi/gssapi_generic.h:46: error: syntax error before
> 'extern'
> /usr/include/gssapi/gssapi_generic.h:47: error: syntax error before
> 'extern'
> /usr/include/gssapi/gssapi_generic.h:48: error: syntax error before
> 'extern'
> /usr/include/gssapi/gssapi_generic.h:50: error: syntax error before
> 'extern'
> make[3]: *** [ne_auth.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I had the exact same error for several weeks now until I figured out: there
seems to be a conflict between the old gssapi headers in
/opt/local/include/gssapi and the headers provided by Apple[1] in
/usr/include/gssapi.

When I temporarily renamed the /usr/include/gssapi to
/usr/include/gssapi.bak
sudo port upgrade gnome-vfs
went through smoothly.

Regards,

Martin

[1] at least I think, these headers come from Apple, since I didnt install
them there by myself.