XCode 3.0? Safe for old school Tiger users?

Instruct ICC instructicc at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 14:55:03 PDT 2007

> > I'm sure the MacPorts project would not be interested in supporting a
> > tweaked version of Xcode.

Why not?
I'm thinking tweaked for Tiger, but maybe someone else will say tweaked for OS 9.

> Quite.  MacPorts already has 8 versions of gcc - there is no room for
> any more.  I have no personal interest in Objective-C 2.0, but was
> merely offering an alternative answer to  Adam's question.

Especially if there are already 8 versions of gcc in MacPorts.

I posted a bug report about Xcode Find (in a file versus in a project) and the developers said it should be fixed in Xcode 3.0.  And I _am_ interested in Objective-C 2.0 (having no Objective-C experience except that I read there are OO improvements in 2.0).

I don't really know when I will switch to Leopard.