XCode 3.0? Safe for old school Tiger users?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 29 16:28:36 PDT 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 16:55, Instruct ICC wrote:

> > > I'm sure the MacPorts project would not be interested in
> supporting a
> > > tweaked version of Xcode.
>
> Why not?

We have enough trouble keeping this working with the current set of
Apple-supported tools. I for one have zero interested in trying to
support a version of Xcode on a system for which that version of
Xcode was not designed.

> I'm thinking tweaked for Tiger, but maybe someone else will say
> tweaked for OS 9.

You're kidding, right? OS 9 has been dead for years, and MacPorts
never has and never will work on OS 9. MacPorts is a command-line
program; OS 9 doesn't have a command line... etc.