Can't build libgnomeprintui (was "Problems building autoconf")

Marcus Vinicius Eiffle Duarte eiffleduarte at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 05:02:55 PDT 2007

Hey, folks!

I am still trying to build planner.
After the messages I received, I installed MacPorts-1.5.2, uninstalled all
previously installed ports, selected gcc-4.0.1 as compiler and tried again.
The ports I builr previously (MacPorts-1.5.0 + gcc-3.3) built fine.
However, when trying to build planner, now autoconf builds fine, but I got
an error building libgnomeprintui. I am copying the relevant part of the
error message below.
The problem is, all versions of the programs listed in the error message are
equal or higher than required. I also can't find any .pc files anywhere, so
I don't know where I could edit some information that could make pkg-config
behave.
Sorry if this is trivial to solve, but I would really appreciate help to get
it right.

Thanks,

Marcus Vinicius Eiffle Duarte
eiffleduarte at gmail.com
Niterói, RJ, Brasil

(...)
--->  Configuring libgnomeprintui
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_ctp8_MacPorts_dports_gnome_libgnomeprintui/work/libgnomeprintui-
2.12.1" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --mandir=/opt/local/share/man "
returned error 1
Command output: checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking libintl.h usability... yes
checking libintl.h presence... yes
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for ngettext in libc... no
checking for bindtextdomain in -lintl... yes
checking for ngettext in -lintl... yes
checking for dgettext in -lintl... yes
checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... yes
checking for msgfmt... /opt/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for dcgettext... yes
checking for gmsgfmt... /opt/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /opt/local/bin/xgettext
checking for catalogs to be installed...  af am ar az be bg bn bs ca cs cy
da de el en_CA en_GB es et eu fa fi fr ga gl gu he hi hr hu id is it ja kn
ko li lt lv mk ml mn ms nb ne nl nn no pa pl pt pt_BR ro ru rw sk sl sq sr
sr at Latn sv ta te th tr uk vi wa xh zh_CN zh_TW
checking for pkg-config... /opt/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for LIBGNOMEPRINTUI... configure: error: Package requirements (
        gtk+-2.0           >= 2.6.0
        libgnomeprint-2.2  >= 2.12.1
        libgnomecanvas-2.0 >= 1.117.0
        gnome-icon-theme   >= 1.1.92
) were not met.

Alternatively you may set the LIBGNOMEPRINTUI_CFLAGS and
LIBGNOMEPRINTUI_LIBS environment variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgnomeprintui
shared-mime-info