Installing Apache2, PHP5, and MySQL5 using PortAuthority

Steve Klein sklein at pwb.com
Tue Sep 4 09:46:24 PDT 2007

I feel like I've entered a maze of infinite size and complexity.

I need to get Apache, PHP and MySQL running on my iBook G4.

I've installed MacPorts, and Port Authority, and used that to install
Apache2, PHP5, and MySQL.

Apache 2 works fine, but I can' get it to talk to PHP.

I think there's supposed to be a module for PHP, perhaps a file
called libphp5.so, but that file didn't get created.

Is what I'm trying to do just not possible using PortAuthority?
Should I just resort to using MacPorts directly from the command line?

I'm not scared of the command line, but I'm not really comfortable
with it, either.
--
Steve Klein