Installing Apache2, PHP5, and MySQL5 using PortAuthority

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Sep 4 13:18:48 PDT 2007

On Sep 4, 2007, at 14:52, Steve Klein wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> To get PHP 5 with MySQL 5 support and the Apache 2 libphp5.so
>> module, and get the apache2 port installed as well:
>>
>> sudo port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5
>
> That's what I want.  So I tried that, and got this error:
>
> --->  Activating php5 5.2.4_0+apache2+darwin_8+macosx+mysql5
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: Another
> version of this port (php5 @5.2.4_0+darwin_8+macosx) is already
> active.
>
> So now I have, it seems, two copies of PHP5.
>
> Ryan, I appreciate any help you can give me.

Sure, no problem. By the way, please use Reply To All when you reply,
so that your mail goes to the mailing list too, and not just to me.

So you need to uninstall that other php5 first, using:

sudo port uninstall php5 @5.2.4_0+darwin_8+macosx

Then you can activate the new php5 you built:

sudo port activate php5