vncserver with Aqua gui

Anthony Michael Agelastos iqgrande at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 18:14:02 PDT 2007

Hello,

Why use Vine Server when Apple's Remote Desktop does the same thing
(is VNC) and is a feature of OS X Tiger? I use TightVNC to connect to
other Macs all of the time with this. If there are features that Vine
Server (formerly OSXvnc) has that ARD does not, I would like to know
what they are.

What VNC client for Mac do you and/or others recommend? Based on my
experience, Chicken of the VNC appears to have stagnated, and I have
been using the Java version of TightVNC (good performance, reasonable
UI) and, aside from invoking it via Terminal.app, am pleased with it.

Regards,
Anthony