problem with gcc 4.3 install

Edwin Koshimoto edkosh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 7 19:55:03 PDT 2007

Hello

I am trying to install the latest gcc 4.3 port, and everything goes
well until the install phase, when I encounter this problem:

DEBUG: installing file: /opt/local/var/macports/software/
gcc43/4.3-20070831_0+darwin_8/opt/local/share/man/man1/gcc-mp-4.3.1.gz
DEBUG: installing file: /opt/local/var/macports/software/
gcc43/4.3-20070831_0+darwin_8/opt/local/share/man/man1/gcov-mp-4.3.1.gz
list must have an even number of elements
Warning: the following items did not execute (for gcc43):
org.macports.activate

After this problem I cannot do a 'port installed' or 'port
outdated' (I haven't really tried all the other options yet) because
I'll get the 'list must have an even number of elements' error.  I am
not knowledgable with macports to understand or fix this error.

Has anyone else encountered this error?  I can reproduce this problem
constantly even after wiping out a previous macport install and
starting from scratch.  I do perform the 'port' commands using sudo.

Thanks,
ed