problem with gcc 4.3 install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 12 16:30:55 PDT 2007

On Sep 7, 2007, at 21:55, Edwin Koshimoto wrote:

> I am trying to install the latest gcc 4.3 port, and everything goes
> well until the install phase, when I encounter this problem:
>
> DEBUG: installing file: /opt/local/var/macports/software/
> gcc43/4.3-20070831_0+darwin_8/opt/local/share/man/man1/gcc-mp-4.3.1.gz
> DEBUG: installing file: /opt/local/var/macports/software/
> gcc43/4.3-20070831_0+darwin_8/opt/local/share/man/man1/gcov-
> mp-4.3.1.gz
> list must have an even number of elements
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for gcc43):
> org.macports.activate
>
> After this problem I cannot do a 'port installed' or 'port
> outdated' (I haven't really tried all the other options yet)
> because I'll get the 'list must have an even number of elements'
> error.  I am not knowledgable with macports to understand or fix
> this error.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this error?  I can reproduce this
> problem constantly even after wiping out a previous macport install
> and starting from scratch.  I do perform the 'port' commands using
> sudo.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Someone else just reported this
error today, and I was able to reproduce it as well. I've made a
ticket and added you to the Cc list so you're informed when the
ticket is updated. If you don't want that you can edit the ticket and
remove your address from the Cc list.

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12698