esound won't install

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 13 09:02:11 PDT 2007

I get the following message.  I have emailed the maintainer and had
no response (in 36 hours).

Does anyone know how to work around this.  I can't install Gimp until
this works (as far as I know - Gimp installation keeps hanging here).

I get this error both as part of the Gimp installation via MacPorts
and attempting to install esound alone through MacPorts.

I'm use OS X 10.4.10 and MacPorts 1.5.

sudo port install esound
--->  Building esound with target all
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_audio_e
sound/work/esound-0.2.38" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

Exit 1

Thanks for any help.
Lenore