xfig crashes

Jörg Frauendiener joerg.frauendiener at uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Sep 17 07:20:28 PDT 2007

Hi,

>>> I installed xfig-3.2.5_1 via macports and it crashes when I click
>>> on a menu button (File,Edit,View,...).  Pulling up a dialog box by
>>> a keyboard sequence (e.g. M-o to open) seems to work OK, though.
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> I just came across this thread and was wondering whether the issue
>> concerning Xaw3d has been resolved. Since I am having the same
>> problem as described above it would be nice if there was a clean
>> solution. I am aware of the workaround given in other threads.
>> Clearly, this cannot be considered a 'solution'?
>
> By clean solution do you mean the #define XAW3D1_5E thing?  I tried it
> once and it did not work for me.  The only solution I found so far
> is not
> to use the Xaw3D toolkit.  This works well; true, I loose some eye
> candy
> but not much and xfig is an ugly (and useful) thing anyway--that's
> why I
> like it in the first place.

I absolutely agree. It is useful and I would not want to miss it.

By a clean solution I mean that you say "port install xfig" and then
it works. True, not using Xaw3d works (also for me) but this can not
really be consider a solution, can it? I understand that Xaw3d breaks
several ports. However, it is not maintained. Unfortunately.

Joerg

--
Jörg Frauendiener         | Tel.: +49-7071-2975922
Theoretische Astrophysik  | Fax:  +49-7071-29-5889
Universität Tübingen      | joerg.frauendiener at uni-tuebingen.de
Auf der Morgenstelle 10   | http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/
~joergf
D-72076 Tübingen