Postfix Port -- OpenSSL Issues

Jay Chandler lists at sequestered.net
Mon Sep 17 14:21:53 PDT 2007

So I've built Postfix on my MacBook Pro, and it starts correctly.

However, when I try to relay mail via 587 submission to my colocated
server, I get:

warning: run-time library vs. compile-time header version mismatch:
OpenSSL 0.9.8 may not be compatible with OpenSSL 0.9.7

Followed quickly by a network error from the server:
Sep 17 14:08:20 kwisatz postfix/smtpd[7902]: warning:
network_biopair_interop: error reading 5 bytes from the network:
Connection reset by peer
Sep 17 14:08:20 kwisatz postfix/smtpd[7902]: lost connection after EHLO
from pool-MyIP.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net[MyIP]

I suspect the problem is that the port builds with one OpenSSL, but runs
with another; the issue is I require TLS encryption for my 587
submissions, so this is kind of a showstopper until I can get this
resolved...

And though it should go without saying, the colocated server is patched,
current, and has no issues from other locations...

I'd be grateful for any assistance anyone can lend...

--
Jay Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist