Postfix Port -- OpenSSL Issues

Jay Chandler lists at sequestered.net
Tue Sep 18 14:03:40 PDT 2007

Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Sep 18, 2007, at 2:05 PM, Jay Chandler wrote:
>> The bug only manifests itself when using TLS-- unfortunately, since
>> I'm a paranoid type I require TLS on my private stuff, so getting it
>> working is going to definitely be a challenge.  I'm afraid I'll have
>> to deconstruct the port and go line by line through the source to
>> figure out where it's making OpenSSL calls...
>
> It's mostly likely a problem with how the build is set up (ie, postfix
> is using the OpenSSL include files from one location and the libraries
> from another). You can use otool -L to figure out which library it is
> linking against (and correct it to the macports provied OpenSSL if
> necessary), but it may be a little more difficult to determine which
> incorrect headers it is using while building.
>
> Good luck!
> --

Interesting-- from the Postfix Makedef file:

#
# OpenSSL has no configuration query utility, but we don't try to
# guess. We assume includes in /usr/include/openssl and libraries in
# /usr/lib, or in their /usr/local equivalents. If the OpenSSL files
# are in a non-standard place, their locations need to be specified.
#
#case "$CCARGS" in
# *-DUSE_TLS*)  ;;
#  *-DNO_TLS*)  ;;
#           *)  CCARGS="$CCARGS -DUSE_TLS"
#               AUXLIBS="$AUXLIBS -lssl -lcrypto"
#esac

I'm not entirely sure how to add in the proper locations here-- I'm not
much of a programmer yet...

Obviously the correct path to include is /opt/local/usr/lib and
/opt/local/usr/include, but the trick becomes how to insert it.

If you'd prefer me to take this to the dev list, let me know.

--
Jay Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist