Request for DB Designer

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Tue Sep 18 21:45:36 PDT 2007

On 19.9.2007, at 6.41, Malcolm Fitzgerald wrote:

> <http://www.fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/>
>
> I've just downloaded DB Designer 4 as a PBI using PCBSD. I'd like
> to run it on my Mac.
>
>  It's a graphical SQL database design tool.  The web site has
> source code but it is for Delphi or Kylix. I don't have those tools.

Unless there are compilers or runtimes supporting those languages (or
environments), you are out of luck, sorry. At the moment I am not
aware of any. I would like to be wrong. Suggestions are welcome.

> The PC-BSD mob have obviously got it running on BSD. Does anyone
> have the know-how to get it into MacPorts?
>
> malcolm

The workaround I used, actually, is to install wine and run
DBDesigner with that. Works fine. Maybe we get a real port done later…

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386