Request for DB Designer

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 21 12:32:17 PDT 2007

On Sep 18, 2007, at 22:41, Malcolm Fitzgerald wrote:

> <http://www.fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/>
>
> I've just downloaded DB Designer 4 as a PBI using PCBSD. I'd like
> to run it on my Mac.
>
>  It's a graphical SQL database design tool.  The web site has
> source code but it is for Delphi or Kylix. I don't have those tools.
>
> The PC-BSD mob have obviously got it running on BSD. Does anyone
> have the know-how to get it into MacPorts?

If the software compiles and runs on Mac OS X, a MacPorts port can be
created for it. If the software does not yet compile and run on Mac
OS X, you will first need to work with the software developers to
make it work on Mac OS X. Then a MacPorts port can be created for it.
If you're unsure if the software works on Mac OS X, ask the developers.