Problems with Tidy

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 20 00:43:35 PDT 2007

On Sep 14, 2007, at 20:42, Jeff Stubbs wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2007, at 4:14 PM, David Moylan wrote:
>
>> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>>>

> <snip>

>>> I can confirm the problem, and don't know yet why it happens.
>> What platform on you trying to install on?  This is the same error
>> I reported on esound, and libmng on a PBook G4 10.4.10 and in
>> those cases seems to be a bug in the 'configure' script generated
>> by autoconf.  The configure script does not produce any output
>> when run and does not produce a Makefile, but exits 0, so no error
>> is reported in that step. Since there is no Makefile you get an
>> error at the next step (make) about 'no rule'.
>
> Platform: G3 minitower, 10.4.10, latest macports.

I'm on a MacBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo, 10.4.10, MP trunk from a
couple weeks ago, Xcode 2.4.1. This problem is clearly not very picky
about the systems it appears on. I think something broke somewhere,
since I didn't used to have any trouble installing tidy. I just
haven't had any time to investigate what's going on.

> Ryan:
> Does PHP really require tidy?
> I was just trying to provide as many options for the mapserver
> software that I later plan on installing.

No, it does not. That's why it's a variant. If you want to use any of
the tidy functions in php, described here:

http://php.net/tidy

then you need the +tidy variant. If you do not, then you do not.