is the avahi user creation supposed to be part of installing avahi?

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:41:08 PDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Randall Wood <rhwood at mac.com> wrote:

> This fix has been committed to SVN. Look for it in the next hour  or so.

I made my own fix, by cribbing some of the post-install steps from the dbus
port. But avahi still refuses to actually do anything.

Found user 'avahi' (UID 502) and group 'avahi' (GID 504).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.17 starting up.
WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!
dbus_bus_get_private(): Failed to connect to socket
/opt/local/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
WARNING: Failed to contact D-Bus daemon.

the plist is loaded, and dbus is running.
--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>