parse error before 'GdkPixbuf' when installing goffice 0.3.8

Peter McLain peter.mclain at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:43:05 PDT 2007

The following worked for me to get around the goffice build problems:

       # First, clean out the old build, then do everything
       # up to, but not including, the configure stage:

       $ sudo port clean goffice
       $ sudo port patch goffice

       # It seems that GtkTooltips is deprecated, but many
       # files in goffice use it.  So, we'll re-enable the
       # deprecated GTK features in the build by removing a
       # line in the configure script:

       $ sudo sed -i .bak /GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED/d' \
             /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_g
office/work/goffice-0.3.8/configure

       # Now, we pick up with the configure, build and install of
       # goffice:

       $ sudo port install goffice

--
Peter McLain