[graphviz-devel] Fewer headers installed by Graphviz 2.14+

Emil Lundberg Emil.Lundberg at bmc.uu.se
Fri Sep 21 02:50:53 PDT 2007

Thanks guys for adressing this. In essence, the missing headers were
intentional, so this now an issue for the Rgraphviz developers. I'm
forwarding this to the Bioconductor mailing list.

FYI, my graphviz (2.14-1 from MacPorts) is missing the following
headers compared to Ryan's 2.12:

aghdr.h
agxbuf.h
arith.h		(back as of 2.14-3)
ast_common.h
dthdr.h
exgram.h
exlib.h
expr.h
globals.h	(requested by Rgraphviz)
grammar.h
gvcint.h	(requested by Rgraphviz)
libgraph.h
logic.h
malloc.h
parser.h
pathplan.h
pathutil.h
solvers.h
tri.h
triefa.h
vis.h
vispath.h
vmstub.h

To clarify matters, the Rgraphviz is an external R package that
depends on the Bioconductor package, so the R developers might not
know about it. R builds fine using the current MacPorts version
(don't know about the devel), and so does Bioconductor, but neither
depend on graphviz as such.

The maintainers of Rgraphviz have already made a good effort in that
package's header files to accomodate different versions of graphviz
(up to 2.10 at least), so the information below is hopefully what
they need to know to update the Rgraphviz package.

Thanks again,

Emil Lundberg
MicroArray Datawarehouse Resource (MADR)
Linnaeus Centre for Bioinformatics (LCB)
Biomedical Centre (BMC)
Uppsala University