Windows.Forms with Macports Mono version

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Fri Sep 21 02:51:23 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have a simple "Hello World" GUI app, which uses Windows.Forms.
Using the official Mono installer for Mac OS, the applications works
fine. Due to problems with compiling additional packages like gtk-
sharp, I decided to try the Macports version of Mono. A sample
command line application works fine, but my GUI sample fails with the
following message:

Unhandled Exception: System.ExecutionEngineException: SIGILL
   at <0x00000> <unknown method>
   at (wrapper managed-to-native)
System.Diagnostics.StackTrace:get_trace (System.Exception,int,bool)
   at System.Diagnostics.StackTrace..ctor (System.Exception e, Int32
skipFrames, Boolean needFileInfo, Boolean returnNativeFrames) [0x00000]
   at System.Exception.get_StackTrace () [0x00000]
   at System.Exception.ToString () [0x00000]
   at System.Exception.ToString () [0x00000]
   at System.Exception.ToString () [0x00000]
   at System.Exception.ToString () [0x00000]
   at <0x00000> <unknown method>
   at <StartupCode>.Forms._main () [0x00000]

Any hint what might be wrong?

regards,
Achim