How to specify a variant in 'depends_lib'

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Mon Sep 24 23:42:38 PDT 2007

On 25.9.2007, at 9.34, susanmackay at optusnet.com.au wrote:

> I am trying to write a portfile for some software but I want to
> make sure that a particular variant of a dependency is installed.
> Is there some way that I can specify the variant within the
> portfile that I want to use? WOuld something like:
>
> depends_lib   port:otherport+variantname
>
> work? (I'm away from the computer that is doing this at the moment
> so I can't experiment). If not, then I'll have to think of some
> other way of achieving my goal.
>
> Thanks
>
> Susan

Sorry,
this is not possible at the moment. Specifying variants in
dependencies has been debated somewhat with no agreement.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386